Sr. Paid Search Strategist
Boston, MA, United States
Are you passionate about PPC campaigns and helping clients succeed? Do you get excited at the thought of diving in, rolling up your sleeves, and flexing your search engine marketing muscles? Can you bring your 5+ years of paid-search marketing experience and make an impact by supporting sales in closing deals, mentoring Coordinators and Strategists, and growing WordStream’s Managed Services team?
If you said yes, then we should talk!
The ideal candidate will be ambitious, hyper-focused on communication, and have at least 5 years of experience managing the paid-search marketing initiatives for companies with demonstrated success.
This role will report to the SEM Manager and perform the day-to-day management of paid search campaigns for our clients, as well as mentor and manage junior team members supporting your clients and smaller accounts. You will become part of a kick-ass team of experts who truly love their jobs and the company, and lead the corporate culture with hard-work and fun times. This is a fantastic opportunity for a resourceful, success driven, and entrepreneurial individual looking to take their career to the next level.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility encompasses client relationship management and campaign detail project management to successfully implement search engine marketing initiatives, specifically paid-search campaign execution.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of a client’s paid search marketing initiatives. This includes managing the execution of search marketing strategies based on a client’s business objectives.
- Mentor and train coordinators and junior team members in the support of your clients’ campaigns
- Detailed tasks include managing the strategy and planning of paid search campaigns, managing the launch of each program, optimizing each program to meet specified performance objectives and managing client expectations/communications throughout the duration of the engagement.
- Track and report on campaign results, data analysis, and hold weekly/monthly campaign status calls including delivered monthly reports on results.
- Manage and/or mentor Associate Paid Search Strategists in their support of WordStream’s portfolio of clients.
- Uncover, understand and achieve client goals and business objectives through the customization of campaigns and understanding of the client’s product.
- Proactively provide strategic recommendations applicable to the client's business model and goals.
- Review and analyze competitor sites.
- Stay informed of industry trends and best practices and understanding how they can be applied to accounts.
- Identify and develop the most effective and cost-efficient paid search programs.
- Researching and selecting keyword, ad copy and landing pages.
- Setting and updating budgets caps and making sure accounts are pacing properly based on pre-determined spend.
- Managing IOs and budgets with search engines, specifically Google AdWords.
- Reviewing accounts pre and post launch.
- Managing and maintaining positive relationships with clients.
Measures of Success:
Customer lifetime. Our ability to create a repeatable, scalable offering that drives results will keep our customers happy for years to come. Our goal is to keep our customers at least 2 years.
Customer acquisition. Providing a service that leverages our software as well as our expertise delivering transparency, excellent communication and awesome results.
Net Promoter Score. Satisfied customers are key to WordStream’s success and we periodically measure their satisfaction using the Net Promoter Score methodology. Our goal is to have 90% of our managed services customers designated as promoters.
- 5+ years of search engine marketing experience is required, specifically paid-search within Google AdWords including hands-on experience with content networks and phone tracking.
- Computer skills – including proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Strong analytical skills, i.e., the ability to analyze results to determine key findings.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task while driving results.
- Tenacity, flexibility, dependability and the ability to grasp and manage the search engine marketing process.
- Excellent oral, presentation and written skills.
- Mentoring experience, and an interest in managing a team of coordinators
- Bachelors Degree and minimum five years’ experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience) in the client service field.
- Previous campaign management experience and a comprehensive understanding of:
- Setting up paid search accounts from scratch
- The different types of search engine marketing tactics
- PPC optimization techniques (ROI / CPA / CPL / Impression Share)
- Working knowledge of display network including 3rd party tracking (Doubleclick & Atlas) is a definite plus
- Experience with or working knowledge of Bid Management tools (Marin & Searchignite)- including their limitations – is also a definite plus
- Experience with Analytics tools (Google Analytics, Web trends, Omniture)
- Search Engine Desktop Tools (Google AdWords Editor)
- Google Certification (Fundamentals) and Advanced Certification in one area; Analytics certification required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and eagerness to work as a member of the team while providing leadership.